Thursday, February 1, 2018

Multicolor Wedge Slabs

It's my turn to choose a project for Faith Circle of the do.Good Stitches charity bee, and I'm excited to have the group make bright wedge slabs. We did a similar quilt in the Seattle MQG last year, and I liked it so well I wanted to do it again! 


Here's the block tutorial. Though instead of the cool colors in the tutorial, I'm asking my bee mates to use the colors shown in my sample block here - gold, purple, lime, aqua, lavender, red-orange, and dark blue. Unfortunately the darkest colors don't show well in my photo...the left and center pieces are actually purple; the one on the right, dark blue. The main point is to keep the overall look bright and saturated. I'll be honest and admit that the colors for my block were fairly randomly chosen from my scrap basket! I just pulled an assortment I liked and went for it

The block shown is 6 1/2" x 24 1/2". My mates have the option of doing a variety of lengths, as long as the height is 6 1/2" and the total length is about 48" - basically the equivalent of 2 - 12 1/2" blocks. Hopefully they have as much fun with it as I have so far!

6 comments:

  1. fun block, I saved that tutorial for future reference. This will be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wedge shapes. Looks easy and fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new color combination. And the old quilt is simply stuning. Looking forward to the new version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun color combination, great block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing all the blocks and the bright and happy quilt they create!

    ReplyDelete