Monday, June 19, 2017

Out in the World

There are a couple of cool features that I keep meaning to tell you about. The first was a contact last year by The Quarto Group in London. According to their website, "The Quarto Group makes and sells great books that entertain, educate and enrich the lives of adults and children around the world."



Quarto was in the process of reissuing their Encyclopaedia of Quilting Techniques by 
Katherine Guerrier. The step-by-step photography and Katherine’s text would remain, but they wanted to update the gallery portion of the book... and include some of my quilts! So you'll see several of my quilts in The Encyclopedia of Quilting & Patchwork Techniques - here are a few.






Snooze Alarm [block pattern by Amy Gunson]

The next feature was something I'd totally forgotten about, but luckily my friend Sophie/Luna Lovequilts - who wrote an article on her visit to QuiltCon - pointed it out to me and gave me a peek. It was in a column on The Modern Quilt in the French patchwork magazine, Les Nouvelles.



Unfortunately, even with an online translator, I couldn't really read the article, but oh well! Fun just the same....

16 comments:

  1. so cool! & I was happy you let me know I was included for Funky Dresden! your work is so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Congrats! That's pretty exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW- Deb! That is exciting--you'll be Published in such a great book! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! So cool to have your quilts featured in a book Debbie. Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you on your very well deserved success. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and exciting! Congrats on having your quilts out in the world for everyone to enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, your quilts are amazing! Your my hero, and I look to you for inspiration- always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so awesome, Debbie! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so exciting!

    If you scan the french article in and email it to me, I'll translate it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is that Debbie. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete