Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Afield

If it seems like I've been off the grid, that's not far from the truth!
Internet is spotty, time warps are confusing, and days are full but I wanted to send you a greeting from Italy in the form of a postcard quilt. This photo was taken right outside our hotel in Venice where hubby and I spent the last few days.

We braved the crowds, saw the sights, and explored all over Venice before heading on to Padova where we are now. I know I'll just have to share more in the weeks ahead but here's just a little snapshot of some tasty treats found here in Padova....panini and tremazzini (sandwiches), a spritz - the afternoon beverage of choice both in Venice and here - and a most delicious espresso beverage - caffeine pedrocchi - espresso with mint cream on top and sprinkled with cocoa. Oh yeah!
So I'll check in now and then but no sewing for me for a bit . . . small price to pay for the experience we're having.

Oh and in case you missed it, my latest post on Sew Mama Sew went live yesterday. I shared 12 Fundamental Quilting Skills, good helpful links from gifted quilters, which I'm sure you'll enjoy perusing.

So take care dear friends, and I'll touch base again soon...

16 comments:

  1. Enjoy!! what a wonderful trip! and it's certainly been the summer of the spritz over here in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt photo! I adore Italy, have fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute are you taking quilt photos in Italy! have a blast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy Italy :) it's a fantastic country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shot. HAve a great time in Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo! Enjoy and please continue to share your experience. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh enjoy the time. You never know what inspiration you will have towards quilting when you return. There is so much beauty in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you are having a lovely time, relax and enjoy! I loved your feature at SMS, I saw it yesterday, what an excellent resource.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice for you to have this get-away! I bet Italy is beautiful this time of year. It's great seeing how you're enjoying the eats too. Raise a glass of chianti for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun, and enjoy all that yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a safe and gloriously yummy trip! Enjoyed your photos so far!
    Much love to you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you're enjoying my country! Lovely postcard from Venezia! A big Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a lovely trip. Catching up with blog reading so you're probably home by now.

    ReplyDelete