Monday, July 21, 2014

Duo

As soon as I was done with the first postcard quilt, I knew I wanted to do it all again. Besides, friends have been creating their own postcard quilts with The Postcard Quilt Along, and I definitely wanted to sew along with them.

In Duo, I used all Tula Pink prints for the postcard 'fronts' and a variety of text prints and gray solids for the 'backs.'
Quilting was done with vertical organic straight lines, much like the first time, with matchstick quilting down the gray solids, all with Aurifil 50wt #2021 (Natural White). Tula Pink's aqua chevron strip from her Salt Water line made a nicely coordinating binding.
The quilt finishes at 36"x48", and I took the last stitch on the binding while on a car trip to Eastern Washington last weekend. It seemed apropos to do a quick little photo shoot at a winery along our route.

Seriously, postcard blocks are a quick sew! Feel free to nab the tutorial and join us!

This project is on my 2014 Finish-A-Long Q3 List. Linking up with Fabric Tuesday and Finish it Up Friday.

24 comments:

  1. I really like this version... And great pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! This is definitely going on my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. I need another QA on my list of things! LOVE your grape pics!!! I need to do that next year. (Start a grape arbor.) Your pic reminds me of fun I had as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tula Pinks are perfect for this quilt! So do you keep clothepins in your car for photo shoots?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winery! Now that might get me moving on a postcard quilt! LOL. Seriously it is in my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the pieces and parts are cut ... Stitching to begin soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a nice quilt, easy, but i love it.
    And the pictures, too, because i like vineyards. Its our love to work in it and make good wines, in Germany.

    Uli

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that last photograph, it is so good! Pretty quilt and congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is gorgeous, but my hubby and I are in awe of the grapes. We just planted some this year and are hope for some beauties like those eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how beautiful. And what a great backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The texty prints look AWESOME with Tula!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great quilt! Fun shoot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pics and the quilt! You could call it "Postcards from Tula":)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I love the bright pops of Tula! And you just have a knacks for great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I saw this top photo in flickr, I had no idea those were grapes behind it...what a photo opp! This was such a fun pattern to do, I'm planning to make more as soon as I finish a couple of high priority items :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I saw this top photo in flickr, I had no idea those were grapes behind it...what a photo opp! This was such a fun pattern to do, I'm planning to make more as soon as I finish a couple of high priority items :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love them!!
    I really have to start mine!
    But I am with a cold as well :-(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great spot for an impromptu photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Who's the recipient of this delicious (wine or no wine) quilt? Looks like you found an inspiring spot to even write a few postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Quilt and the site of grapes.. the 2 just go together...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Damn, you beat me to a Foxfield one! That's what I was planning to use if I got to this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pleasant way to view a quilt. That postcard quilt block sounds interesting. A great way to make a scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the selection of fabrics here and how you don't repeat any of the colored ones. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete