Monday, May 19, 2014

May Bee Blocks

This month's bee blocks were a delightful mix of patterns I had never done before. Cathy/blueberry patch cathy asked That Stash Bee for St. Louis 16-Patch blocks using the tutorial by Sew with Sass. They were a quick sew, and I look forward to seeing this quilt - scrappy-ish and with the variety of low-volume prints.
A fun discovery were the Funky Wrench - Nuts & Bolts blocks we did for Kimberly/Perfection Not Included of FAITH Circle. This tutorial is by Happy Zombie, which gives a wide variety of size options.
And lastly, for the Mid-Century Modern Bee was an Arrow block for Carla/Carlaf2, using her own tutorial!
Meanwhile, I'm still receiving blocks from April/Mid-Century Modern and May/Always Bee Learning, plus guess who's up for June in That Stash Bee? Yup, busy bee times.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely set of blocks! I really like the funky wrench - it's been on my list for a while. Maybe should make some of them to finish off my year of churn dashes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great --especially the arrow : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the arrow! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those blocks look so fun! I just started a 16 patch too! Love the arrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Funky Wrench is such a fun block! Your arrow turned out great....that's next on my "To Do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great blocks, I really like them all!

    ReplyDelete