Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday at the Table

Last week I was asked to donate a dessert for a local fundraiser, so I dug into the past for a recipe I made almost daily when I worked as a baker. It wasn't uncommon back then to prep up 6 of these at once. Back in the day, I made the fillings from scratch, but this time I took the quicker, easier route and used purchased fillings.

Raspberry Almond Tart
Tart dough:
3 cups flour
8 oz. butter
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
Process in food processor until crumbly.

Add while machine is running:
2 egg yolks
2 Tb. water
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix until mixture comes together. Roll dough out between 2 pieces of parchment. Fit into greased tart pan with removable bottom. Press fingers along side edge to 'cut' off excess dough. Prebake tart shell at 375-degrees until golden. Cool briefly.

Spread with 1 can almond filling (12 1/2oz.).

Fill with 1 can raspberry pie filling (20 oz.).

Topping:
1 c. flour
4 oz. unsalted butter
1/4 c. sugar

Process with food processor. Add 1 Tb. vanilla, processing slightly. Turn mixture into a bowl and add 1/2 c. sliced almonds. Pile onto tart and smooth out to the edges.

Now it's ready to bake at 375-degrees for 40 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling slightly in a few spots.

Let cool to room temperature and remove from pan.

This tart may look unassuming, but in reality it's something pretty special, which is why it still makes an appearance now and then after all these years. Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. I think it was mean to tempt us like that without a recipe or a link to one.....8-| It looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing. I think I may make this for Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my favorite flavors yum! Your tart looks wonderful, now if I could only grab a slice to go with my cup of coffee lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 6 a day! I forget as a baker you make in bulk! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy.... Why do I feel hungry all of a sudden?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, that looks fantastic. Now I've added almond filling and raspberry filling to my shopping list! I just now realized you are in Seattle - I live near Burlington, so not too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks heavenly! Almond and raspberry are my two most favorite flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, this sounds divine. I will definitely have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to make this, but am having a hard time finding a tart pan. Do you think a spring-form pan would work too? And.... is the almond filling the same as almond paste?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have all the ingredients and got a deal on fresh raspberries. Will you share your filling recipe?

    ReplyDelete