Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dear Boston

Even though I'm away for a few days and not in my sewing room, I've had a bit of computer time and read about a couple of ways to send encouragement to Boston after their recent tragedy. For one, the Boston Modern Quilt Guild is making quilts, and welcomes donations of quilt blocks. For color, size, and deadline and mailing info, check out this post. And there's also a Quilts for Boston flickr group where you can post your blocks.
quiltsBoston1(1)

The Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild has initiated a different kind of effort - one of flags that will be displayed in Boston. All the details are here, and again, there is a flickr group: To Boston With Love
The Seattle Modern Quilt Quilt will be joining in with Vancouver to make flags, so check out this post if you are a Seattle local and want to join in. I'll be back stitching soon to support these efforts, and I hope you'll consider joining me . . .

1 comment: