Tuesday, January 22, 2013

W.i.P. Wednesday

The last week has been a teeter-totter, the 'up' an unexpectedly delightful revisit to paper piecing, and the 'down' being some cross-stitch confusion. The constant pleasure has been my #scrappytripalong! The more blocks I've done, the more I love it, and I am so excited to move on to the #xand+along in February.

Completed projects
Lucky Stars BOM - I was able to complete both the practice block + January's block. These were great fun and I can't wait for the next one! Plus I'm really happy to have gone the 6 1/2" route and with the fabrics I've chosen.

Ongoing projects
Woodland cross-stitch sampler - Whew! After much encouragement, I have finally begun stitching!

Modern Crosses - This quilt's at the long-armer's. I might even have pics to share soon, and better yet, should have this back by week's end!

Quiet Book - I have made real progress on this project! Can't say it's the most fun I've ever had, but I'm on the downhill stretch. Just have had a few 'issues' along the way, and there's lots of fiddly pieces to deal with.

Scrappy Trip Along - This one may be the most fun I've ever had! The 30 blocks are done! There's not enough room on the design wall to show them all off, but I can live with that. There will be another row along both the side and the bottom (5 blocks x 6 blocks). I don't expect to be overly thoughtful about block placement for the final layout, so hopefully the top will go together fairly quickly.

Triple-Zip Pouch - The 3ZAL officially starts Monday, January 28. Meanwhile, fabric and zip choices have begun to pop up in the flickr group. Here's mine:

Upcoming projects
* Hubby's Christmas stocking - no progress yet
* Binding for Mod Cross quilt
* plan for FAITH Circle's February quilt
* Emerald mini
* Mod Angles cushion
* flannel pillow for grandgirl
* table topper for mom
* scrappy Metrolink
* x and + blocks {#xplusalong}
* Polaroid block projects
* placemats

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

40 comments:

  1. Oh you have a lot to keep you busy!

    Love your paper pieced stars - great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what great projects. I love the star blocks; you are making me want to join this one, but for now, I'm just joining the triple zip along b/c I'm a pouch addict. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background fabric for you Lucky Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your scrappy quilt is just awesome- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paper pieced stars are going to be fabulous in a quilt! Great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tempted on that Scrappy Trip too- looks really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those blocks - I am using a colour similar to the berry to bind my Architextures quilt. And I am planning a Trip along quilt soon too - resistance was futile!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, another beautiful scrappy Trip! I must find time to start mine. Your other projects are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your scrappy trip-along! I've been resisting the temptation for so long, but now I think I definitely have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how your scrappy quilt blocks came out, everytime I look at my scraps I think I need to hide them till I finish the 2 quilts already going lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job for the week :o) Looking forward to seeing your trip all completed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Scrappy Trip Along is looking gorgeous!
    And those Lucky Star blocks are wonderful! I've still not got my January one done yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your scrappy trip along Debbie! You are so right, it was just fun to put together. Love your fabrics for the Lucky stars, and your triple zip will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects. I have everything cut for my scrappy trip and hope mine turns out as nice as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks great! I LOVE those stars and your fabric choices for the 3ZAL are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so many lovelies. Love those fabrics and zips for the Triple Zip Along!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been loving some of the redesigns of the trip quilt. That thing seriously eats fabric and my stash could use that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the map fabric in the background of your blocks, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE masai mara! Your 3Z is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. loin that trip along -- beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie, you're one very busy lady. Love all your projects and so looking forward to triple zip sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love the colors of your scrappy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love the colors of your scrappy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great stuff Debbie. Is the practice star block going to be part of the eventual quilt? It should be!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The stars are great! Just answered my email question to you ;-). Is the scrappytripalong and + - quilt an instagram thing?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hooray on the scrappy trip! You've made incredible progress. I just got all of my cross-stitching supplies, so I'm going to give that a go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful blocks! I am just starting my scrappy trip along this week, and it's been so fun!

    I also added on my "to start" list is your triple zip along, can't wait for that, picking my zippers and fabric today :)
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am loving your scrappy trip along - you choice of fabric is awesome! did you use a specific tutorial? i can't wait to see what you do with the other fabrics for the trip zip pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a lovely Trip Quilt, and those Star blocks... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely stuff! I share your sentiments on the scrappy trip along. Such a fun, fast and carefree block to make! I have two going and am fighting the urge to start a third!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have so many wonderful projects going on, Debbie! You really inspire me to keep working on those WIP's!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful projects! I have started to think about fabrics for my triple zip, I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the scrappy trip along and your blocks. The 3ZAL is such a great idea, I am looking forward to starting my next pouch, just waiting for those zippers to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am just deleting you.. I am so jealous of your productivity........

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow great stuff going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I still want to learn how to paper piece.
    I love the scrappy quilt. I have one that I want to start on myself.....wonder when I might get around to that?

    ReplyDelete