Wednesday, January 16, 2013

W.i.P. Wednesday

It's been an enjoyable week working on the Triple-Zip Along, which is shaping up to be a really good time. That and working my way down my list, and still finding time for the unexpected.

Completed projects
Bee blocks - It's a relief to have these done and mailed off, but definitely fun while they lasted!

Kindle cover - You're right if you're thinking, "I didn't notice this on her list before!" But it has been on my mind. It totally deserved its own post, but since I can't stop looking at it for the record, I'll share it here again.

Ongoing projects
Modern Crosses quilt - This one, as big as she is, earned a ride on a long-arm . . . hope to see her again before long.

Quiet Book - Not quite done, but I've been working on it. Here's a peek at one page I finished this week.


Scrappy Trip Along - Like many others, this is really all I can think about. 12/30 blocks done, 8 more are strip-pieced, the remaining strips cut and sorted. And it just keeps getting better.


Hubby's Christmas stocking - no progress. No offense hubby! ;-)

Upcoming projects
* Binding for Mod Cross quilt
* Lucky Stars BOM - practice block + January block
* Woodland cross-stitch sampler - supplies arrived!
* plan for FAITH Circle's February quilt - it's in my head
* Emerald mini
* Mod Angles cushion
* flannel pillow for grandgirl
* table topper for mom
* scrappy Metrolink
* x and + blocks {#xplusalong}
* Polaroid block projects
* placemats

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

28 comments:

  1. wonderful projects. I had my first snuggle under my scrappy trip along quilt last night, all done! Mine was only 20 blocks though... yours is coming out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrappy trip along - it does keep getting better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of that typewriter fabric, and I keep looking at it trying to figure out what to do with it. Your Kindle cover is very clever!
    Have fun trippin' with your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your projects, especially your kindle cover and the scrappy trip along blocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice progress all around. Loving that Kindle case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had made my kindle cover now! And I would love to see what else you do with your quiet book. My family and I do a lot of traveling and I think this would be the perfect thing to keep the littlest peaceful...even for a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All worthy projects of the WIP status! I'm enjoying seeing everyone's tripy blocks...it's keeping me from making my own..well that and my WIP list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scrappy trip along. I must admit that I have a couple of blocks started as well. LOL. You just can't have to many projects on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Kindle Cover, Debbie! Lots of WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So loveing your scrappy tripalong. So bright and just screams my name when I look at it...mine isn't near as bright or as cute or as much done on it as yours
    conn_and_vans_mom(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your scrappy trip!! I love seeing how everyones comes together so differently, such a reflection of your fabric stash! so so addicting for sure. Love that Kindle cover, cant go wrong with the typewriters!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun projects! Your quiet book page is a fun one!! I love making quiet books too, but they take me forever to make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see your quiet book when it's done -- my sister is working on one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heh, I love a good project that sneaks in under the wire ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did you get that typewriter fabric? It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Kindle cover is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your kindle cover and the trip along quilt is coming along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the kindle cover - I just bought some Star Trek fabric to make one for my mum. The scrappy trip along is amazing very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you are making a lot of those scrappy trip along blocks! Great use of all those scraps for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your trip along is turning out so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know you keep having great finishes, but that "Upcoming" list seems to be getting longer and longer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super fun! Your scrappy trip along top is looking splendid! The kindle cover rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you have tons of time until christmas... i say keep putting it off! ;) xo lovely makes. that kindle cover is fab!

    ReplyDelete