Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Case of the Kindle

After focusing on bee blocks the last several days, I changed gears completely this afternoon and made something that hadn't even made my list yet, but had been on my mind. And that would be a cover for my Kindle.
I really liked the look of the one made by Ellison Lane Quilts, so, I uh, downloaded the tutorial to my Kindle and worked from there - a first for me!

I had in mind a little raw-edge applique and referred to this post at Sew, Mama, Sew to get me started. I really like the organic look of this simple stitching.
The fabric all came from my stash. Unfortunately I don't know what the main {black} fabric is, as the fq didn't have a selvage. {Do you know?}
The lining, though it doesn't show much, is my favorite tiny circle print from Juggling Summer by Zen Chic in teal and coordinates with the Ruby Star Shining typewriter perfectly. The closure tab is a little scrap of charcoal Sketch.
The tutorial was easy to follow and helped me achieve just what I had in mind.

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

24 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the look of scribbly stitching on appliqué!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice! Enjoy your new kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! And what a great title for your post... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to try this applique with the black thread, your case looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great!!!!:))
    Greetings from Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fab, you can't go wrong with a MM typewriter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie! That's super great cover! I love how you have add the type writer! If you want to win something with half type writer, stop by! Happy week! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun case! Did you like reading the tutorial from the Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, I used a similar idea with the typewriter for the iPad case I made for my mum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! I love the "fussy cut" typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great, Debbie. It's so nice to sometimes work on some smaller, faster projects, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job. You can't go wrong with teal and black.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is beautiful! :) I love your choice of applique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. Wish I could get my hands on some of that fabric ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just way cool! You create the most unique things--so fun! I really enjoy reading your blog--it is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cover! I love the typewriter and the way you applique'd it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love it! Might just have to make one of these for myself! Thanks for the inspiration, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It turned out so cute! Great job Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute! You should be selling these :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. it looks wonderful deb! it feels so good to do a little selfish sewing doesn't it. i look forward to doing some of that for myself in a few weeks once i finish all of the sewing i have to do for everyone else! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete