Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 Finish-A-Long: Q1 List

It's time to link up with Leanne/shecanquilt and the new year's Finish-A-Long! If you've stopped by A Quilter's Table anytime recently, you've seen most of these projects, but they are nonetheless at the top of my first quarter to-do list.

Modern Crosses - The 60 blocks for this quilt are done! Now to piece rows together. Hopefully it will be handed off to my longarmer this week. I plan to make the scrappy binding while it's away.

Quiet Book - Since this was officially a Christmas present for grandgirl, I want to finish it pronto and get it back in her sweet little hands.

Christmas Stocking - Hubby said, "You've got a whole year to get it done." And I replied, "No, it's going on the 'to-do-asap' list, so it's ready for Christmas 2013!

Scrappy Trip Along - A month ago, this quilt was not even a twinkle in my eye, but today, it's all I want to do, and as soon as I deal with the above projects, it's all holds back on this one. Two blocks done, and I'm working on cutting strips . . .

Mod Angles Cushion - When I made the original Mod Angles Cushion, I first made some practice blocks. They are too pretty not to use.

So there's my list - hopefully manageable, as you never know what else will come up to tempt and motivate!

Linking up with the 2013 Finish-A-Long, Quarter 1!

22 comments:

  1. I love the fabric in your Modern Crosses, I have a layer cake of it waiting for something right for it. And your list is pretty much as long as mine I think. The FAL will be fun, I am looking forward to seeing you finish these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these projects.. and can't wait to see that stocking.. love the colors for it!! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great list! Love the Scrappy Trip Along and yes, I think you will have the stockings ready by Christmas, if you put it on your list now ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours and fabric of the Mod Angles cushion are gorgeous! Good luck with your list- you'll do it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about holiday projects. Part of me says to wait until the holiday is closer and the other knows I should work on the projects now instead of putting them off any longer.

    Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool list of to-do's, although I am in your hubby's camp with the Christmas stuff ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your scrappy trip along! Like you, its all I can think about working on, so addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely things to finish off :-) I'm looking forward to seeing the Mod Angles cushion - love those colours! Good luck with the FAL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie...First I want to thank you for posting about this event as it was how I found out about it via Pinterest which had a link to your blog. I've been following your great blog for several weeks and now that the 2013 FAL is beginning, I wanted to say Hello and introduce myself.

    I very much admire your Modern Trend of quilts and projects. I've always been a very traditional quilter, and am looking forward to 2013 as the year to get a bit more contemporary. Your list of projects are inspirational and challenging. I'll look forward to seeing them finished here in this 1st Quarter.

    Hope you'll have a chance to stop by CollectInTexas Gal. So nice to meet you. Happy Sewing and Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grandgal's book comes first!

    Wow, everyone is doing "Scrappy Trails" this year. Bonnie's projects are always fun. Which reminds me I've got strips for her Scrappy Bargello waiting but UFO first!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on your comment about the Christmas stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great list! I can't wait to see that Mod Angles cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have leftover stockings on my list too... It will be so nice to have them done! Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to replace a few stockings but at 27 and 29 do they need them?? Your scrappy trip will be great

    ReplyDelete
  15. Modern Crosses is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Impressive, as usual, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see the Mod Angles Cushion finished - I love Chicopee :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. yup! That scrappy trip along tripped me up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with all those projects and hopefully finishes! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm going to say it again... christmas stocking would be a perfect christmas in july project! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete