Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ruby Star Wrapping :: Little Snack Sack

I was prepping some sewing projects this afternoon, and one thing I wanted to figure out was a gift card holder. There were a few on Pinterest, but I really didn't want to install snaps or buttons. Glancing through my copy of Ruby Star Wrapping, the Little Snack Sack caught my eye, though it was much larger than I needed. I went ahead and made one up, just to familiarize myself with the pattern.
Thirty minutes from choosing fabric, I had a wrapped gift. This little sack measures 6 1/2" wide by 7 1/4" tall, and is definitely a pattern I'll turn to again.

And it was easily adaptable for my purposes! I cut my fabric for this second one down to 4 1/2" by 7". From there, the only change I made to the instructions was in step #4 - to fold only 3/4". Tied up with a bit of baker's twine, it was exactly what I wanted.

I'll be linking up with Ruby Star Wrapping.

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant gift card holder and the twine is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the changes you made; I was so hoping that people would take the original ideas in the book and run with them. So glad you did:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look brilliant! I love the Joy! with that ribbon!
    These are on my list to try next from the book.

    ReplyDelete