Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

October was full. There was Sewing Summit. There was a blog hop. There was a challenge project. There's been a festival. My sewing machine was in the shop for 12 days. Life went on. In reality, the mojo came in spurts. Thankfully, I managed several littles. And one uber-special biggie.

To say I'm proud of my Weekender Travel Bag is a huge understatement. I still don't know why I even thought I should or could make it. But I'm sure glad I did. It's been great fun to use, has helped introduce me to some fun people, and just plain feels like an accomplishment. yay.

Two of this month's projects are my own design {the Logo Card Holder and the Mod Angles Cushion}. That's gratifying. And two represent a new type of project for me - the glue-in metal frame purses. I'm still pretty pleased about them and am anxious to make more.

So all in all it's been kind of an odd sewing month. {Read: there are no quilts in my mosaic!} And I'm fine with it. And ready to flip that calendar.
Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day.

14 comments:

  1. You got a lot done with your machine being gone for so long!! I love your weekender and those frame pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got quite a showing for October. That weekender is a landmark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great month for you Debbie, especially considering how busy you were. Did you get your Brother back yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never even thought of making the Weekender bag the way you have. You had a great month. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I look at that bag I am amazed. It's so professional looking!
    I also can't believe it's Nov. 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have had a wonderful month, especially given that your machine was in the shop. I especially love the weekender bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab month - I adore that Weekender bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects Debbie - love the WE bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All lovely finishes, Debbie. You're right, though -- it is rare to see no quilts in this mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you really did have a great month! your weekender is awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete