Thursday, September 6, 2012

Zakka Along Week 23 :: Happy Garland Message Board

This week's Zakka project is by Katrien Van Deuren of a bit of pilli pilli, showcased by Maureen Cracknell Handmade. I wanted to do something a bit unique for mine, especially after seeing the hoops recently done by lilybird stitches and the super sweet birds I've come to love by Why Not Sew?

But alas, the time to give it much consideration just wasn't there, so I cheerfully just forged ahead, followed the book, picking out some of my fav little scraps for the bunting. I was a tad concerned about getting that all  done nice and neat, but found that quickly drawing the 'lines' with iron-off marker, and using a bit of fabric glue for each triangle made for a painless, tidy result. Oh, and rather than linen, since my supply of the natural color I wanted to use had been depleted, I used some osnaburg, which gave the texture I wanted, and a similar linen-look.

A little raffia for the third line, along with mini clothespins and a tiny love note, and I was almost there. My favorite chevron twill tape in orange made for a perfect hanger.
And the next-to-last Zakka project is done. snif

Linking up with LRstitched.

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful, that´s my favorit of all these projects you´ve done during this QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make one of these before the week is out! Yours is very cute! We might need to find a new 'project' to keep us busy?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, it's so lovely! I have to find a bigger hoop to make mine. I'm drooling over yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! In fact, that may solve a swap extra answer, off to the art shop after work for a large hoop...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Great job using what you had on hand. I went looking for my mini clothespins, but couldn't find them. Reorganizing is on the schedule for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a fun project.......... I like your board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Definitely one of my favorites that I've seen from the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Debbie! I bought a package of those little mini clothespins but have never used them. Now I know just what to do with them. What size hoop did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love this project! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so so cute Debbie! Love the little mini clothes pins, perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very cute. I really like this one. Your version, and the project in general. I like that you did lots of little bunting flags.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really sweet! What will you do to fill the Zakka-size hole in your life?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's such a lovely ring you made. Can you believe it, only one more to go. I think we earn a gold metal after that (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing these hoops the tiny bunting is so adorable! I have to get round to making one up =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Hoping to get a bit of time to do one of these on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! Love the little clothes pins and how you can change the message at any time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really cute Debbie. I love the little clothes line.

    ReplyDelete
  18. omigosh. love SO SO much. how adorable! you rock :D

    ReplyDelete