Monday, September 10, 2012

Random

Even though I was able to blog some while on vacation last week, I feel waaaaay out of touch. And some randomness has been piling up, so I thought I better spill it . . .

Low Volume Swap
There's a Low Volume Swap on flickr that I couldn't resist. My two fabrics came while I was away, so I'll be cutting them into charms and sending them on their merry way soon.
   
(L: Ellen Luckett Baker Quilt Blocks Ringlets in Grey; R: Grow With Me Drizzle in Grey)

I had another little win recently, from Teaginny Designs, who made the cutest Paper Boat mini quilt.
paper boat mini
I won the fabric to make the top, as well as Alex's pattern, which is also available here. (Thanks, Alex!)


she can quilt
My buddy Leanne over at she can quilt is hosting a quiltalong, and after seeing her finished Mod Pop Quilt and considering the amount of solids I've stashed, I feel compelled to join in. The pace will be slow and steady, which sounds just fine by me!
Mod Pop 
(To give credit where credit is due, Mod Pop is the brainchild of Julie of Distant Pickles, and you can see her versions here and here. Do.)

Just a reminder that the Let's Get Acquainted! blog hop that I participated in way back here is still going on! Originally planned as a summer hop, it will actually continue clear into October, so do check it out! I've listed the blogs on the hop here, and have added links to many of the blog hop posts. I've fallen a tad behind, so feel free to catch up along with me!

And then . . . there's the *Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap . . . remember it?! One international package is taking its sweet time to get here, but all the other international packages have been shipped back, and 45 additional packages are being shipped today. Then a bit of reshuffling will be happening to get the rest of the swap packages back in the mail as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, another polaroid block swap has popped up, created especially for swappers in Australia and New Zealand. It's the Say Cheese! Polaroid Block Swap by Kristy of Quiet Play. What's that they say? "Imitation is the highest form of flattery." Fair enough.

11 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and pattern you won!
    And oh dear, the QAL is very tempting ... So pretty. And yes, I have many many solids too ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the wins and I'm sorry now that I resisted the low volume swap as the fabrics popping up are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling little paper boat. That mod pop quilt is gorgeous but curves..... Oh my

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool paper boat! Mod Pod is my first QAl and I am doing it with Summersville, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much going on! Can't wait to see what you choose for the QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to have you back! I love all the little random updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing the low volume swap, too. I love the fabrics you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the paper boat mini! How sweet!

    Goodness it sounds like the Polaroid swap has kept you busy! Thanks for being so kind to give us permission to blatantly rip off your awesome idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of good stuff! I couldn't resist the low volume swap, either. I cut up my fabric this morning. I love love love the paper boat mini! I'm intrigued my Mod Pop, too. Maybe I'll use the low volume collection with a pop of bright solids?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the win, Debbie! Thanks for keeping me up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up again here, I am so glad you are quilting along. And I love your low volume fabrics!

    ReplyDelete