Friday, September 28, 2012

More Sightings!

Here I've barely sewed a stitch the last week or so, but I've been entertained by more Triple-Zip sightings! You may be sick and tired of hearing about these, but for posterity {or whatever!} I feel compelled to tally them up here on the blog.

The tutorial itself has been spotted at Tipnut and Make: Craft. And Maria of Mia's Creations made a second triple-zip.

And then, yesterday I got several emails from bloggy friends telling me about seeing triple-zips over at How About Orange. I hurried on over and yup, there were two! Made from Jessica Jones' own Outside Oslo, they were actually made by Jessica's mom, Grandma G, from A Photo's Worth!


You can read all about them from Jessica and Grandma G here and here. And as if that wasn't enough for one week, Grandma G made another one today!
It's a pretty nice compliment when folks make one pouch from your tutorial, let alone more. But when they say things like, "They may just be the most fun sewing item I've ever made." Well that's just plain cool.

21 comments:

  1. I just think this is the NEATEST little bag...thank you so much for the tutorial! I can NOT wait to make one...hopefully sooner than later and I'll be sure to send you a pic! And of course, I'll have to blog about how wonderful you are...and you can add "Another" sighting! WhaHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I've been seeing them too! Also saw that Corey Yoder pinned the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen them around Debbie.congrats ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Debbie... all the credit goes to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I even saw it referenced (the how about orange post) today on Facebook via the Bernina USA page! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie! You have done fantastic tutorial for a great pouch! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who needs to sew when you are a designer!? Great pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all awesome and it's such a great design I'm not at all surprised!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not surprised at all -- it's a great bag and tutorial, Debbie! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bags... And great pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat yourself on the back, these triple zips are HOT! It's fun to see them in all the different fabrics.
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This pattern deserves all the attention! I am pulling out my zippers today to see if I need to shop before I make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a sign of a good pattern when they multiply like that :oD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! They're fabulous and you are absolutely entitled to enjoy others making your great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes - it's everywhere and looks great in all the variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you, Debbie! I really need to get around to making one myself one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All four of these are so darn cute! I think I need to make a bunch for Christmas gifts this year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so anxious to make my own triple zip! And Grandma G is a good friend in real life--and that is high praise coming from her (and well deserved!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was in the middle of writing a comment, went to the last post, and there it was, you already saw! Yes, I freaked out when I saw your name on her post. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are a super super super star! that is sooo awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete