Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

August was full of even more littles, but looking at my mosaic below, all I see is pure enjoyment in the sewing room!
1. Triple-Zip Pouch Tutorial, 2. Pleated Coin Purse, 3. Sweet Memories Photo Frame, 4. Stargazing block, 5. Patchwork Chevron blocks, 6. Improvisational Curves-Pods, 7. Little Pocket Pillowcase & Bear, 8. Polaroid blocks to swap, 9. "Sweet Baby Girlie", 10. Sweet Sugar Cookie Sack, 11. A QWERTY variation, 12. Tuesday at the {herbal} Table, 13. Zakka Style Bread Basket

I love it when my bee blocks are patterns or techniques that are new to me, and once again, this month they were. And Zakka - oh my Zakka! More new techniques, and the use of some of my favorite fabrics made for this feeling of dread I have that the sew-along is almost over. I know I haven't made as many quilts as normal these last few months, but what am I going to do without Zakka in my life every week? I seriously don't know!

I'm glad to have gotten one quilt done for 100 Quilts for kids, and since that was all, I rummaged through my stash and found some fabric to donate to my local Project Linus along with the quilt. They were more than pleased. And I got long-overdue Digits done for my friend, coworker, and fellow-quilter. It's nice to know QWERTY has a friend out there too. 

Tuesday at the {herbal} Table was again, a fun feature for those like-minded table-lovers. And my little herb garden served me well!

The *Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap! - well what can I say but it's been surprising, overwhelming, but very very fun. I shipped international packets back yesterday, and as soon as I get the one last packet I'm waiting for (from far, far away!), I will be wrapping up this swap. Wowsa and amen.

Lastly, this month I managed to recreate the Triple-Zip pouch, and posted a tutorial that has really been popular - how gratifying is that?! (More on that in a future post!) So I think I'll take a deep breath, sit back for a bit, and mull over what this next month might hold.

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day.

18 comments:

  1. You have been busy and all the projects are delightful. Love the bread basket, I haven't seen one like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing your 'end-of-month' posts! You should be very proud of what you have achieved! I don't think I can pick a favourite- they are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wonder if your day may have more then 24 hours ;-)... so many great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to stick with it,your progress has been beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another productive month for you, and I think that triple zip pouch deserves the middle spot in your mosaic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything in that mosaic! Small projects are so gratifying :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your latest zakka project... I can certainly understand why you are sad to see the quilt-along is nearing it's end.
    Luckily the rest of your projects are lovely as ever so I'm sure they will compensate for the quilt-along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like a wonderful month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you sleep! LOL Great projects.
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! You got tons done this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those little projects really make for enjoyable sewing! You've been super busy this month and made lots of lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow some fab projects finished up there! I'm sure you'll get even more done this month too =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have had a great month, and all those polaroids too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many lovely projects last month Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You amaze me with all that you get done in one month, Debbie! Looking forward to what you'll do in September!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an incredible month, Debbie! The triple zip has been a well deserved success, and even though I haven't done all of the projects, I agree with you: I'll miss the Zakka Along terribly when it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the triple zip pouch - fabulous finishes debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great projects! I am going to be heading over to your triple zip pouch tutorial now. :D

    ReplyDelete