Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Finish or Two

So I finally finished a quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids, a charity quilt project led by Katie of Swim, Bike, Quilt. It's a simple little design, Sweet Baby Girlie Charm Square Quilt by Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy. What drew me was that in addition to some neutral fabric, it used just 1 charm pack, which is basically what I had of "Meet the Gang". (Thanks, Kate!)
Piecing blocks was a snap, as was the wavy stitched grid I quilted.
A wonderfully coordinating binding stripe was waiting in my stash - just the right mix of colors from Woodland Trails by Sheri Berry Designs.
This quilt finished somewhat smaller than I expected (about 40" square), but is just the perfect size for a toddler to drag along. I'll be donating it to my local Project Linus chapter.

Also on the finished list are a couple of sweet drool bibs for my friend Toni, who just had a precious little baby girl. I tried a new pattern, Little Baby Bibs by Clover & Violet. This tutorial was fun to do up with scraps and some organic quilting. Hoping baby Jillian can make good use of them!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes! Love how you used white for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the Gang goodness, cute wee quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I especially love those little bibs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 100 quilts project is very sweet. Will be loved by someone, I'm sure. And the bibs - adorable. Makes me wish I was a quilter when I had babies because my first one was a super drooler and we went through many bibs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love how the quilt came out! A great pattern for those charms, great quilting, and I love the binding. (I know, I said that on the last post...I'm trying to catch up!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really PRETTY post *pinning* :) Your Project Linus quilt is adorable - it's nice to find a really cute baby quilt that utilizes single charm packs, of which I have more than a few *ahem*, lol. Thanks for the link to the pattern, and I'm sure Miss Jillian will make great drooly use of her sweet new bibs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Debbie! I especially love the Dream On bib.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt! The "Gang" is awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome quilt, the binding is so cool! The bibs are so cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet quilt, love it! Those bibs are ADORABLE, I am sure Toni and her little girl will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute quilt, Debbie! It's a perfect size for a little person.
    And yes, I think baby Julian will make good use of these bibs. Bibs are one of the most practical things for a little one!

    ReplyDelete