Wednesday, May 9, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

W.i.P Wednesday it is, and just as I predicted last week, my sewing room has small projects in all stages of progress strewn around.

Completed projects
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #5: Patchwork Pencil Case - See pics and complete post here.

FAITH Circle Pouch Swap - My pouch is done but unfortunately I can't show it quite yet. A little sneak peek will have to suffice for now . . .

Ongoing projects
Hopscotch - Still waiting to get it back from the quilter. Binding is made and at the ready.

Baby items for a couple of friends that are expecting.

Zakka Style Sew-Along project #6: Itty Bitty Quilt Block Magnets - I've been hearing some scary stories about these tiny quilt blocks, so I decided to make a couple through to the finish before piecing the other blocks. The Patchsmith shared her tips on the project including a simple(r) way to piece the little nine-patches, so I started with those. So far so good, so I'll be continuing on with the other blocks.

Upcoming projects
* Modern Blocks Bee May block NEW
* Ohio Star blocks for FAITH circle's May quilt
* Japanese x and + blocks Round 2
* more Zakka
* Quilt using my 4x5 blocks from rounds 1, 2, & 3
* Tutorial for pieced binding
* QWERTY variation
* Solstice Stars quilt
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - On a Whim ??
* scrappy Metrolink
* Plus quilt for my sister-in-law - now waiting to see her palette

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

20 comments:

  1. Love that sneaky peek of the pocuh and the magnets are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little magnets! I think the horror stories of their size has put me off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the pouch looks all rainbow-y and linen-y! Can't wait to see the whole thing! And those are some tiny 9patches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely as usual. The magnets are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those little magnets probably take as long as a 12" block. so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little magnets are adorable! Love the pouch peek too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many fun projects! I wish I had joined the Zakka SAL;there are so many cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your output is amazing! I've been working on the same mug rug for three days haha. Going to go look up those little magnet thingys in the book. I must have missed those. The pouch looks really cute, love the blue zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The itty bitty magnets are so adorable. I've been seeing them around, and just can't imagine piecing such tiny pieces. Looking forward to seeing more of that pouch - your zipper install looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects! I love those teeny tiny magnets! And the pouch looks sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these and I am so glad my instructions helped. My favourite was the friendship star but it was very tricky. I can't wait to see which one you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All gorgeous!! Can I ask what is the pretty thread you used for the pouch?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute little magnets! Love that pouch, that thread looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, look at your teeny little magnets! Soooo cute! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those magnets are so fun! Maybe not so much while you're making them, but I would love to jazz up the fridge a little with a few. Your swap pouch looks intriguing, too. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your magnets! I've been a little nervous about this one too with the horror stories I've been hearing as well. Glad to know that it went well for you. Love those baby items...I'm such a fan of that fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely little projects... The pouch look super from what I can see :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just drooled over the pouch swap sneak peak photo...must go get a Kleenex. You are thinking about Christmas already...oh my.

    ReplyDelete