Friday, May 25, 2012

A Reveal and 52 lists in 52 weeks//week 51

In addition to receiving my pouch in the FAITH Circle pouch swap yesterday, I found out that my secret partner, Melissa, also received the one I made her. So now for the reveal . . .
Melissa's inspiration mosaic had alot of rainbow bits in it, so that's where I started. Other details I wanted to incorporate were an inside pocket, a contrasting zip, and a flat bottom.
Elizabeth Hartman's "Perfect Zip Bags" pattern had several of the design features I wanted, and it was fun to try a new pattern. I made a Style C bag using Stone Quilter's Linen as the main body of the bag. And then there was the rainbow wave that I mimicked from Melissa's mosaic. The thread for topstitching is my old favorite King Tut "Jacob's Coat".
I finished it off with a loopy rainbow handle, really having enjoyed just creating as I went.

On to this week's list - the next-to-last one!
List 51: Wouldn't it be cool if.....
Very cool indeed.

17 comments:

  1. Beuatiful! I love the curved piece. Really pretty up against the linen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitching on this! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bag. It has a sophisticated edge to it. Very lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bag and I agree, a very lucky swap partner. Intrigued to see what topic of last list will be. My list would look very similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Melissa is very lucky! But this is so perefect for her, I know she lives it! I am going to have to get that EH pattern now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your partner was super lucky, I had heart palpitations looking at that pouch! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great pouch, Debbie! I love the contrast of the gray with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pouch! Did you hand stitch the blanket stitch around the rainbow or was that done on machine? I'm sure your partner is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pouch the colours and design are great!
    Very interesting list =D


    I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely list and lovely pouches, both this one and the one you received.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I've got this pattern on my list of ones to try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pouch! I really like the rainbow strap - it's a really cute finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the design of the pouch, and your cool list :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool pouch, Debbie! And I agree with so many things on that list...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so love the pouch you made for Melissa! The contrast between the bright fabrics and the linen really gives it pizzaz :)

    Great list! I totally agree with each statement!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the rainbow prints look great against that dark gray. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much fun to go through your blog! You make such lovely projects (o:
    A sweet pouch you made and a pretty one you received!

    ReplyDelete