List 43: What's on your declutter list?
I've been meaning to do this for weeks, and have barely started. (I sorted out the spice rack and cleaned the fridge. Gotta start somewhere!) Kellie of getthewordsout, the originator of the '52 lists in 52 weeks' project, has some links on her blog about decluttering. You might want to check them out here. I actually went to Pinterest and just typed in 'declutter' and got all sorts of interesting info, including this site - Happy Clippings. I got a chuckle from the byline on the pin: "How To Declutter in 30 minutes a Day. Now get off the computer and do it!" Uh, yeah. That would be good advice!
Anyway, here's a list I jotted down without trying too hard - all worthy goals, ha.
- Magazine rack in family room has months of magazines that need gone through.
- Fabric stash in sewing room needs tidied - it's controlled chaos and even a little time here would help.
- Stacks of cookbooks around the house need corralled.
- Main food cupboard in kitchen needs a reorg.
- All kitchen drawers need a reorg also.
- Laundry room counter - yikes!
- Under my side of the bed is a mess of books and magazines that I mean to read but probably won't.
- Recipe clippings have overgrown their space and need entered in my MasterCook database or tossed.
- Spring cleaning time in my closet and dresser drawers.
- Front of fridge needs freshened up.
- Plastic bags need to be recycled.
- Gift wrap shelf is a mess.
Since I know you love photos, here's a quick peek at what went on in the sewing room last night . . . nothing major, but fun nonetheless.
"Pathways" designed by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr from Modern Blocks
My first two "Hopscotch" blocks! I'm working with rulers (thanks Sharon!)
rather than templates, and cutting my own "jelly roll" strips which is working just fine.
And a surprise from Toni! Wow! My count is up to 22 now! Thanks, girl!