Thursday, February 16, 2012

Part of a Whole

My x and + infatuation began with this simple block made with an awesome tutorial by Amy of badskirt.
Japanese x and + block
It was four months ago, weeks before the Japanese x and + block swap started. And the real reason I made this little guy was finally revealed on Tuesday by Rachel of Stitched in Color. {see here} Yup, my block went into a Thank You quilt for Rachel, who created and runs do.Good Stitches {a charity bee}.
(You can see my block in the lower right-hand corner of this picture. . .)
a Quilt I Couldn't Make
The quilt was finished and bound by Hollie of Undercover Crafter, who tells her story of the project here.
signed by Anna Maria Horner!?!?!?
I confess, I think the finished quilt is pretty awesome, and I was honored to be a part of it.

13 comments:

  1. this was one of the sweetest gifts ever! what a treasure for her and for all of you that contributed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous. What a privilege to be a part of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is awesome! I allready red about it on Rachels blog. And your block is in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful quilt! It is definitely my favorite version using those blocks. How fun to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and would be very proud to be part of it. You will have to make one for yourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved reading all about this, what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's just such a great and meaningful gift. I had already read Hollie's post, not knowing that your block is in there too! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great block and beautiful quilt. I'm off to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful quilt, nice to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! The quilt is gorgeous and such a nice thing to be part of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt definately changes my mind about scrappy blocks.

    It's so great that you could contribute to it.

    ReplyDelete