Monday, February 20, 2012

A Little Quilt

Perseverance is a good attribute to have if you are a quilter. So, I have discovered, is being able to keep a secret.

A month ago, I made a mini quilt I'm very fond of, but have been obliged to keep it under wraps for a bit. It was a creation for the Little Quilt - Sew, Vote, Swap Group. When I came across this flickr group before Christmas, I was intrigued. Basically, you make a mini quilt, do not post in flickr (or blog about it, for that matter), but send a pic to the swap mama who posts everybody's projects. THEN everyone votes on their favorite entries. The person whose quilt gets the most votes gets to pick which one they want, and down the line it goes. The secret continues for a bit as we are all FM'd who to send our quilt to. Talk about suspense at every turn!

Anyway, my mini is winging its way to its new owner today. I'll let you know what quilt I get (and believe me, I have my fingers crossed!!). In the meantime, here is my entry:
It happens to be one of my favorite things I've made, and honestly, I was kind of sad to send it off. I love the color combo, and it contains some of my favorite fabrics. Wonky isn't something I've done alot of, but I thoroughly enjoyed it on this small scale. And I confess, I am most proud of the quilting.
I tried this wavy line on a previous project, and it just didn't turn out the way I'd hoped. But with my little hera marker, I was able to mark in the curves to my liking, and I love the result.
Backed with a stash find, it measures about 24" square.

So the secret's out on this little one. Very fun indeed.

Linking up with {sew} Modern Mondaylittle quilt monday & Slash the Stash!

17 comments:

  1. So cool, Debbie! You are right, the quilting looks fabulous and I love the colors, too. Can't wait to see what you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun swap idea! Love this little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that swap idea dn the quilt is stunning, it would have got my vote ;).
    Love the quilting, I may borrow that idea for my curvy table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little quilt. I really love the colors and your quilting. I tried that wavy quilting before and it was a total failure, yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your fabric choices. it is a very fun quilt. and what a fun swap! that is a really fun idea! i just might need to join that group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Debbie. And you're right, the quilting really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful, I can see why it is a favourite, I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is a cute quilt I am sure the new owner will just love it.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
    Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the grey and yellow, and what a fab idea for a swap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very cute - I can see how you'd be sad to part with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, it's stunning! good reason to be proud. i too, love the quilting and the color combo. interesting swap, might have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute mini Deb - love the grey and yellow together too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute mini! I do like the wavy lines. Did you use a walking foot or FMQ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful mini....Your machine quilting is always so well done : ) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute mini! I love it and can see why it would be hard to send away. The quilting is just perfect for the design.

    ReplyDelete