Thursday, February 2, 2012

52 lists in 52 weeks//week 35 and Another Star

When Kellie at get the words out posted her list for this week, I kinda went, "Oh no." Our list assignment is "People I would love to meet." Honestly, I don't know who most of the people on her list are! {so oblivious} Anyway, I'm not really into meeting famous people. I like the idea, but when I've had the chance, I've gotten all nervous and tongue-tied. (Of course, the most famous people I've met are Alton Brown, the Pioneer Woman, and Rick Steves, plus a handful of Seattle chefs.) Anyway, my list is short, and in alphabetical order - Heather, Leanne, Lindsey, Marci, Nicole, Susan, and Toni. There are others, but meeting those women would be a pretty big deal.

The Solstice Star Series by Faith of Fresh Lemon Quilts has been really enjoyable, and I make block #3 last night, again with my DS blues and greens.
Here's my first three blocks all together . . .

And just a reminder - today's the last chance to comment on my One Year post and enter the give-away for some of Malka Dubrasky's new fabric. You can find the post here. I'll be back tonight to choose the winner!

12 comments:

  1. I would love to meet a few of those on your list too! You've met Alton Brown and the Pioneer Woman? Lucky gal. As for Rick Steves - HUGE fan of his - he taught me to travel 25 years ago. (On a side note, I read his touching eulogy to his mother on his FB page.) Block #3 looks great - all three seem to work real well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEAL? You met AB?? I would become a screaming fangirl if I met him. So I probably shouldn't. I like Block #3 - looks great with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your latest star! Your fabrics are so great. I think you love dots as much as I do. Have you seen the polka dot swap over at Knotted-Thread?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last Star you made, beautiful fabrics! I didn´t comment your "one year post" but I must tell you to be proud to be in contact with you! You are a real inspiration for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an honour to be on that list! We could all come to Seattle and go to all those wonderful restaurants? I love that most recent star, I am sorely tempted to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well I'm flattered! Assuming the Heather is me... :)

    Your star looks awesome, and all 3 look great together. I really like that DS fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a big meet-up in Seattle sounds like a great plan! I had to laugh though, it just sounded strange to be called a woman. I AM a woman, but still, I guess I don't feel mature enough to not be called a girl. Ha! I looked at Kellie's list and I know less than half of them, so I guess I'm a bit oblivious, too! And I would be completely awkward meeting any of those people that you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd much rather meet people I've met through the blog community than famous people too. Not that I have anything against famous people, but I've made real friends that I'd much rather have dinner with, too.
    p.s. Every time I convince myself I don't have time to make Faith's stars right now and not to worry about it you make another gorgeous one that makes me want to stop everything else and make them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those stars are beautiful. I can't wait to see them all come together. It will be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the DS blocks - all of the different fabrics look so lovely together!

    ReplyDelete