Thursday, December 15, 2011

Scrap Attack

I've been wanting to make a scrap quilt all year. It was on the w.i.p. 'need to do' list for ages, but finally came off, just cuz I kept ignoring it. But Rachel over at Stitched in Color may just have thought of the vehicle to encourage me to make that scrap quilt a reality. She's planning a Scrap Attack Quilt-Along & Festival of Scrappiness for January. Sounds intriguing, eh?

To get us thinking about scrappiness, Rachel is asking us to show her our scraps. Really? Especially after seeing her scraps, I wasn't too sure. (You might want to go check them out and then let me know how yours stack up. Or not.) Oh well - here goes nothin'!
My scrap basket {thanks, Mom!} measures about 18" both tall and across. It is stuffed full of scraps I've collected through swaps and saved from projects this year! And my little grand-girl thinks they are as much fun as I do!

16 comments:

  1. I'm with the grandbaby. I'd crawl in there for playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scrap basket, Debbie! Looks like you have a fun helper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i'll be playing along for this quilt too- it's going to be so fun :) LOVE your scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the basket!! I need something a bit bigger for all my scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to see your quilt started!!
    Looks like a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just glad you didn't mention that your son played with his niece in the aforementioned scrap basket...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, love your scrap basket. What a great idea to join the quilt-along. I might join in, too. Scraps have been on my mind for a while now, I've been looking through Scrap Republic book and absolutely love all the scrappy quilts in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, Debbie, your scraps are nothing to be bashful about. Looks like a great basket of fun. Glad to see that you have a good amount ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that looks amazing! Love the toss it all in a basket approach. I've tried to keep mine culled, and somewhat organized in little zip plastic bags that bedsheets had come in, and so far that's working for me. I haven't been quilting nearly long enough to have as much as some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, hours of fun and entertainment for the whole family with a scrap toss :oD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great basket and so full of scraps! Looks like little girl loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I covet the size of your scrap basket and most of the scraps in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's it? ;)

    Oh man, my scrap drawers overfloweth...to bags...to stacks piled elsewhere...etc. I think I need to do this scrappy quiltalong.

    ReplyDelete