Thursday, December 29, 2011

Good Mail

Good mail is the best! You know - cards from people you actually know, purchases from your favorite online quilt shops, bee blocks from far-away places and swap packages from partners unknown. Oh, but I bet you agree, the very best good mail is the unexpected!! And what a surprise it was to receive this patchwork travel sewing kit from Marci of Marci Girl Designs!
This was a total surprise, and totally appreciated! I'll give you a little tour . . .the "front", including nice long ties to keep things all bundled together . . . love all that Bliss and the uber sweet monogram!
The inside, with special places for needles, thread, scissors, and other sewing goodies . . .
And, here's the darling little sewing kit all packed up!
Marci used the tutorial {here} by Amy of lots of pink here! It is impeccably made and I love every little detail!
So far it has only gone so far as the couch, but oh was it handy as I hand-stitched last night. I know I will enjoy using this little kit alot! Thanks so much, Marci!!

12 comments:

  1. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Yours, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you are so right about unexpected mail. And your little sewing organizer is just perfect. Lucky you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how very sweet! I love that little needle book tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful present! Perfect for hand stitching and travel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making one of these kits is high on my to do list. Yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It is so clever and USEFUL! What a gem of a quilting friend (the person and the sewing kit)! So glad the tutorial is still available---I'd like to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you like it, and I love seeing it full of your goodies!!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Jealous! :) I totally needed one of those when I was carrying my baby quilt gifts around with me and sewing whenever I got a minute! It is absolutely beautiful... I love the teal and red combo, one of my recent favs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome kit!!! Marci did a fantastic job! Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete