Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good-bye and Hello

In saying good-bye to 2011, I close a year that has been a huge step forward as far as my quilting goes. Starting a blog 11 months ago today was a brave adventure for me. Putting myself out there in the quilt blog community was a big deal, but oh has it been rewarding! And fun!

It has been a year filled with an immersion into the world of flickr, quilt-alongs that have been truly inspiring, and a variety of swaps (and there is such a variety!) Blogging has spurred me into production-mode, learning new techniques, experimenting with new fabrics, just in general thinking about the process a whole lot more!
(14 minis, 13 lap quilts, 5 full-size quilts)

Though I've got a ways to go in the skills and confidence departments, I am pretty pleased to have dabbled in free-motion quilting this year, and have finally been able to quilt some larger projects myself. I enjoyed hosting a swap with my daughter, Rachel, of Snippets of Sweetness, as well as posting my first tutorial.
(5 pouches, 7 table runners, 4 mug rugs, a pincushion, 
a sewing machine cover, a tree skirt)

I have been a part of two bees this year - the 4x5 modern Quilt Bee and do.Good Stitches, which have both been such fulfilling groups to be a part of - and participated in other assorted block swaps.

It was an unexpected honor each time one of my projects were featured, and I found it so affirming. But without a doubt, the best part of this year has been connecting with new friends who have encouraged and inspired me, and plain added joy to my days. They invited me to be myself, to share my other interests beyond quilting, and it was at their prompting that I made Tuesday at the Table a regular feature.

As far as moving forward, I'm not totally sure, but am still in the process of thinking through some goals. 2011 was bursting with new experiences, expanding quilting skills, and pure delight in creating. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and am so grateful to all of you who joined me on the journey. And honestly, that's pretty much what I hope to be able to say again at the end of 2012.

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day and The Year in Sewing!
Fresh Sewing Day    The Year in Sewing

23 comments:

  1. what a lot of work! Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your projects, seeing them all together is so wonderful! I look forward to seeing what you make and where your creativity takes you in this coming year, all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, wonderful projects, you've accomplished soooo much this year. Your Swoon quilt is my very favorite Swoon around. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lot of beautiful projects! I'm looking forward to following your creativity in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a year, Debbie! All of your projects look so beautiful together like that. Congratulations on a wonderful year and I'm so excited to see what you conquer in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've made so many beautiful things! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfully creative year, hope 2012 is as creative for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, look at all those beautiful projects you have created in just one year! Amazing. It is so neat to see them all together! May 2012 be just as productive, if not more than 2011! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Debbie! You accomplished so much! Your quilts are just beautiful, I can't wait to see what's in store for you next year. Happy new year! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous projects Debbie! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations in 2012:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've had a very productive year! I'm hoping to work on my free motion quilting skills this year and finish my swoon quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have been so busy! I'm excited to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog while cruising through Pinterest. Love your quilts! Happy sewing in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning quilts. I absolutely love th kaleidoscope one :) Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it all, Debbie. As usual, your work is gorgeous and seeing it all together is quite stunning! I have to say, I am particularly drawn to those bee blocks, the missing your kiss ones (is that what they're called?)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. holy moly! you made a ton of fantastic quilts this year! your mosaics are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello,
    Thanks for the info regarding the "x and + swap". Your projects are beautiful, I love your fabric choices. Have you created a fabric bundle for the contest over at Quokka Quilts yet?

    Mina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie! I have loved loved loved reading your blog this year. I think you're one of the warmest people around, and I've enjoyed getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for you! You made some fabulous quilts this year. Can't wait to see what next year brings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. whoa, Debbie, your mosaics are gorgeous! I am so happy to have gotten to know you a little this year. Thanks for your encouragement and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous mosaics, you've made so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, impressive work! Great quilts and blocks!

    ReplyDelete