Wednesday, November 16, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

 W.i.P. Wednesday is here again and it's been a really fun week of quilting!

Completed projects
Ruby 'X' -  I entered this quilt in the mini quilt challenge hosted by amy lou who sews last Friday. See my original post {here} and a tutorial for the Mini 'X' Quilt Top {here}. (Confession time: It was pretty darn exciting posting my first tutorial!)

Ongoing projects
Scrappy Autumn Lap quilt - This baby is all quilted up (some organic straight-line way too close together!) and all it needs is its binding. Loving the palette of this one.


4x5 Quilt Bee blocks - Penny from sewtakeahike created a fun block called "Missing Your Kiss", and I'm using it for my 4th quarter bee block. It's really fun to put together. One down, four to go.


Wrenly HST quilt - no progress here . . . honest, I'll (try to) quilt this up next.

Flannel Christmas star quilt - I finally found the pattern I want to use . . . Snow-Kissed Star by Konda Luckau of Moose on the Porch Quilts. I have some fun Riley Blake Christmas fat-quarters that will make a great cuddly quilt for my granddaughter.


Upcoming projects  
* Hometown "Wild Thing" 
* Pattern for Mango
* Quilts for siblings #2 and #3

Be sure and check in at Freshly Pieced! 

15 comments:

  1. I do love that X quilt of yours, need to pin your tutorial, in case I get around to making one! And I love your 4x5 block, very cute! That reminds me that I need to get cracking on those soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!! I love that missing your kiss block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting on your mini-quilt is adorable! Everything looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! You had mentioned the organic straight line quilting to me last week one time, and that's what inspired the quilting I did on the table runner I posted about today! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm really looking forward to seeing that one of yours finished, the colours are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that block is so fun. Love it! All your projects look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that Christmas quilt is going to be THE BEST I love that pattern, and it will be so snugly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mini X quilt and the loopy quilting on it! The Wrenly quilt is cute too. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your scrappy autumn quilt! I love that color palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Scrappy Autumn Lap quil is lovely as is the Ruby X. It's funny, I see you also want to make a big star - I'm thinking stars non-stop. The sparkling star I just started, Sarah Fielkes giant star, and now this one as well. Hmmm... I think I'm a bit obsessed.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that idea for the 4x5 block! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects, Debbie! Way to go on your first tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That scrappy autumn quilt looks great! I love the colors and the quilting! I have been meaning to try that kind of organic wavy line quilting, it looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited to see your autumn lap quilt finished. I love those colors and the binding looks really fun, too! The star pattern looks like a great plan for your Christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see your scrappy autumn quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I just love that Snow-Kissed Star pattern - I have no doubt you will make it super cute for your granddaughter. :)

    ReplyDelete