Saturday, November 19, 2011

Random

Handmade by Heidi

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In. I had really planned on accomplishing alot more, but in the end I only have two blocks to show, both for the 4x5 modern Quilt Bee. These are fun blocks to make, but I can't say they are quick.


I did manage to tidy up my sewing room, though, and got a Christmas tree skirt pattern in the mail that I'm thinking of making, Wonderland by Empty Bobbin. You know, since I have nothing else on my w.i.p. list. Not. Anyway, more on that later, but you can check out the link to see the pattern.

There's something else I wanted to tell you about - a Holiday Tutorial Contest. Basically you link up tutorials you've made in 2011, and there are three categories - Gifts for Friends, Gifts for Little Ones, and Deck the Halls (Holiday Decorations). I linked up in category one with my Mini 'X' Quilt Top Tutorial, thinking a Mini 'X' would be a perfect little gift for a friend. There are all sorts of fun ideas for Christmas give-giving, so check it out whether you've written a tutorial or not. {here}

Lastly, I'm thinking a give-away is in order. Check back tomorrow for the details!

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like that tree skirt!!

    A giveaway, how fun. You know I'll be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini X's are so cute! I know the girls in your hive will love them. Who wouldn't? I love giveaways, so I'll be sure to check in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those X blocks are just great and I love the color scheme of both of them! That tree skirt looks so pretty, you should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've had a very productive night,well done :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks! I think your Mini 'X' is a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do think you should make the tree skirt, and the blocks are looking great. And thank you, I make a tutorial and here there is a contest for it and everything. I love your mini quilt, it would certainly be a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the x's I think any sewing is better than non

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are looking great, Debbie! They do look like they could take some time, though. The tree skirt is very cute, can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got your WIPS all done? You must have been working like a whirling dervish to complete them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "X" blocks. They are great. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any night sewing is a good night!

    ReplyDelete