Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas is Coming, Baby

Last December, I made my new little granddaughter a Christmas stocking for her first Christmas.
Pattern is Merry by Thimble Blossoms;
fabric is 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain

When I won some fat quarters of Riley Blake's Celebrate Christmas a while back, it was pretty obvious that I needed to stitch up something for baby again. I've given you a couple of progress shots of my flannel Snow-Kissed Star (here and here), but now it's bound and finished!

Just for fun, I decided to personalize the back, using the paper-pieced alphabet recently posted by Kelly of kelbysews.
I quilted it with a long serpentine stitch, and not as heavy as some of my recent quilts. It washed up soft and cuddly, which should suit little one's taste just perfectly.

Linking up with {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday.

21 comments:

Tacha said...

Ooooh fabulous stocking!!!! I need to get cracking and make some for my girls!

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

both projects are simply stunning! well done!

Tina ~ Seaside Stitches said...

What a lucky little girl! I love the stocking and the new quilt. Thanks for posting about giveaway day.

Kate said...

Love the quilt! The star looks great and snowflaky. :)

Leanne said...

It is so lovely, what a fun quilt for your granddaughter! I really love the quilts with one big block.

Angie said...

Love love love this star!!! :)

Teje said...

Hi Debbie! That is so beautiful quilt! I love stars and your pattern is wonderful! Great fabrics, too! x Teje

Heather D. said...

Awww, Debbie, this is so sweet. Your granddaughter is blessed to have such a wonderful grandma. :)

Katie B. said...

So so cute! Your little granddaughter is going to adore this!

Marci Girl said...

So lovely! She will absolutely love it, and I love the name on the back! Perfect!

**nicke... said...

so so so cute! i bet your granddaughter is so so so happy with it and her name on the back! adorable!

Kirsten N said...

Love the star quilt and the hexie stocking is so cute!

Carla said...

Hey Debbie. Last year I made a hexagon stocking for my little g-baby too. I embroidered her name on the cuff. I may have to post a pic again as it's on my old blog that got hacked. : (

Toni said...

What a cute little stocking! Your granddaughter is going to have all kinds of fun handmade goodness in her life. Her new quilt looks fabulous and sounds super snuggly!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

The stocking is gorgeous. Oh, but that quilt... I LOVE that fabric line. It's so adorable. Beautiful work, Debbie :)

Andrea said...

The Quilt is sooo beautiful (love the pattern and the fabrics)and your grandchild will love it. She can be proud to have such a creative grandma!

Megan said...

Beautiful finishes! I LOVE that hexi stocking! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

amandajean said...

wow! nice work! that stocking is amazing. i recognized the pattern right away! your fabric choices are great. what a lucky little granddaughter you have!

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Blue.Ridge.Girl said...

Such a sweet quilt...and I *love* her name pieced onto the back, very special! I bet it will be a cherished favorite, and not just during Christmas!

Kate @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I'm sure she will love it. And i LOVE the stocking!

Gemini Jen said...

I love the quilt - the colours on the white background are gorgeous!