Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas is Coming, Baby

Last December, I made my new little granddaughter a Christmas stocking for her first Christmas.
Pattern is Merry by Thimble Blossoms;
fabric is 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain

When I won some fat quarters of Riley Blake's Celebrate Christmas a while back, it was pretty obvious that I needed to stitch up something for baby again. I've given you a couple of progress shots of my flannel Snow-Kissed Star (here and here), but now it's bound and finished!

Just for fun, I decided to personalize the back, using the paper-pieced alphabet recently posted by Kelly of kelbysews.
I quilted it with a long serpentine stitch, and not as heavy as some of my recent quilts. It washed up soft and cuddly, which should suit little one's taste just perfectly.

Linking up with {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday.

21 comments:

  1. Ooooh fabulous stocking!!!! I need to get cracking and make some for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both projects are simply stunning! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky little girl! I love the stocking and the new quilt. Thanks for posting about giveaway day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt! The star looks great and snowflaky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so lovely, what a fun quilt for your granddaughter! I really love the quilts with one big block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie! That is so beautiful quilt! I love stars and your pattern is wonderful! Great fabrics, too! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Debbie, this is so sweet. Your granddaughter is blessed to have such a wonderful grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute! Your little granddaughter is going to adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! She will absolutely love it, and I love the name on the back! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so so cute! i bet your granddaughter is so so so happy with it and her name on the back! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the star quilt and the hexie stocking is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Debbie. Last year I made a hexagon stocking for my little g-baby too. I embroidered her name on the cuff. I may have to post a pic again as it's on my old blog that got hacked. : (

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute little stocking! Your granddaughter is going to have all kinds of fun handmade goodness in her life. Her new quilt looks fabulous and sounds super snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stocking is gorgeous. Oh, but that quilt... I LOVE that fabric line. It's so adorable. Beautiful work, Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Quilt is sooo beautiful (love the pattern and the fabrics)and your grandchild will love it. She can be proud to have such a creative grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful finishes! I LOVE that hexi stocking! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! nice work! that stocking is amazing. i recognized the pattern right away! your fabric choices are great. what a lucky little granddaughter you have!

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet quilt...and I *love* her name pieced onto the back, very special! I bet it will be a cherished favorite, and not just during Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure she will love it. And i LOVE the stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the quilt - the colours on the white background are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete