Sunday, November 6, 2011

Do.Good Stitches {November} and More

I really enjoyed crossing a few blocks off the ole 'to do' list this week, all using patterns new to me.

For the November do.Good Stitches bee, we were asked to make two Modified Bento Box blocks. These  are 16 1/2" square, and will be cut in quarters and rotated by our quilter, Debbie.


Kelsey of Kelsey Creates asked for help making a quilt for a friend who was a victim of September's San Bruno pipeline explosion. I thoroughly enjoyed piecing this Mod Mosaic block, using the tutorial from Oh, Frannsson! I'd seriously consider making a quilt with this pattern sometime.

Lastly, I made a fun little Japanese x and + block for a special project, using a tutorial by Badskirt.

Stitching up these blocks was a nice distraction from bigger projects, and now they are on their way. . .

Linking up to T.N.T.Thursday at Happy Quilting.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice!! Nothing better than crossing those blocks off your list early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what she does with those Bento blocks! Love the mod mosaic one, I love making those blocks too! Your special project block is FABULOUS! I love it, one day I hope to make a quilt with that pattern, but I think for now it will have to wait. I really love it and can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great Debbie! I especially love the Japanese one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous blocks! Bet it feels great to get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love Mosaic blocks, but they are not exactly quick to whip up. : ) A whole quilt of them would be amazing, though! All your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks... I especially like the Japanese one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Especially the Mod Mosaic and Japanese blocks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete