Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pretty {little} Pouch Swap - Given and Received

Preview
Swaps are great fun, but a tad nerve-wracking, at least to me. It was only at the encouragement of blog buddies that I was somehow brave enough to join the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap after making just three zip pouches. But I did.

After examining my secret partner's mosaic, there were several words I clung to - "shot cotton", "Heather Ross", and "improv". I didn't even know what shot cotton was, only had two small pieces of Heather Ross fabric - thanks to a friend, and had done improv just a couple of times. But I kind of thought I could pull all those components together. And I came up with this:




I was really pleased with how the pouch turned out and shipped it off on Monday. I just heard tonight that my partner - Vanesa of New Nest Designs - received it - yay!

Funny, but on Monday, I also received the pouch that Melissa of A Child of the Wild Blue Yonder had made for me!
It is so sweet, with my favorite blues, greens, and gray. I really like it alot, as well as the cool handmade soap Melissa included! Thanks so much, Mama Missa!
So the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap comes to a close for now. I 'met' shot cotton ("like!"), dabbled in improv, tried a new quilting pattern, and met a challenge, all with some good fun thrown in!

Linking up to Celebrate Color, Finish it up Friday, {Sew} Modern Mondayand at the new T.N.T. Thursdays at Happy Quilting!
Celebrate Color

22 comments:

  1. Success! I really love the quilting on your pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pouches are great! Nice job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect autumn pouch, great colour selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done -- piecing, color selection, and quilting designs on both sides are great!

    Came over from Celebrate Color to check out your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pouch Debbie, the one you made and received! You didn't show the zipper pull in these pictures, but it was the perfect extra touch to such a lovely bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pouch looks awesome!! Such beautiful autumn colors!! Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little pouch Debbie - the fabric on the inside is very cute and your quilting is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilting you did on your pouch! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a cool swap! Love the colors you used, and recived.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilting on your pouch! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great! What an exercise in creativity! I'll bet she loves it. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute little Heather Ross surprise on the inside, that's my favourite part :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you did great on the pouch! i love your quilting!!!

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Great pouch - love the colours and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely!! I especially love the quilting on the pouch you made!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your improv is awesome....very sweet pouch and great colors : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty!!!!! You did a great job and I love the HR inner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SCORE! :) Love the improv pouch you made!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are becoming a pro at those zippers! :) Great job on your pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really cool - I would have voted for this one!! :)
    ~Monika
    sewing in Sasktoon

    ReplyDelete