Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday

If you read my post on Saturday, you know I had a sewing weekend planned. And sew I did! It was at my niece's suggestion, and she traveled several hours to spend the weekend and we sewed as much as we could squeeze in!

One of my favorite moments was seeing my daughter teach my niece how to do hexagons.

Another was when I was struggling with my Pretty {little} Pouch Swap project, fussing over this detail and that. Rachel finally blurted out, "It's improv, Mom!" Love that girl!

Sunday, we went to church, and wouldn't you know, it was "Quilt Sunday." We all thought that was a nice coincidence! Twice a year, the quilts made by the quilting group are blessed before being shipped out as an encourage to others.
156 quilts were draped across the room. We went on a mini tour before heading home.

After the girls left, I was inspired to finish up the P{l}PS pouch, and was able to ship it to my partner today.

And I kept sewing and got another Swoon block done!
All in all, it was a great girls' weekend, and a productive time of sewing. Now back to reality, sigh.

8 comments:

  1. It's all great! Love the improv, and love the Swoon, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the looks of your pouch! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous as I got hardly any sewing done at all. Your projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, so much progress! Love that you got to see all those quilts, how cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished pouch :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! 156 quilts for Quilt Sunday is wonderful. A couple of times a year, we display prayer shawls in church. Which reminds me that I have one that needs to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pouch look great! Excellent colors, quilting, and of course, the improv piecing! Sounds like an fabulous weekend was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a productive weekend, and I am sure lots of great quality time spent with the girls! How fun! So neat that your church does a quilt blessing, that is so special! Your PLPS partner is going to be one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much fun! It sounds like a perfect sewing weekend.

    ReplyDelete