Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cut, Sort, Cut

Well, last evening was Friday Night Sew-In. For some reason, I was in the mood to prep projects. Soooo, I took this perfect little jelly roll
and this lovely stack of KONA solids
(for daughter dear ~ cyan, azure, aqua, cerise, lupine, petunia)
and cut them into this:
These fabrics are for a plus quilt called Dream Big, from the book, Simplify with Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home (Stash Books).

Meanwhile, if you've visited on a W.i.P. Wednesday, you might have noticed that these two projects have been on the list for quite some time:
* The last project from the Pioneer Women Sewing Circle.
So I decided to get them going while I was at it.
I opened up the Bali Pop to find the most amazing batiks!
I was pleasantly surprised to find several fabrics I had used in this quilt last year ("Waffles" by Aardvark Quilts):
Anyway, I got so far as to read thru the directions (a special template will be involved!) and pair up the strips for sewing, allowing for as much contrast as possible. So those strips are sitting by my machine ready to go.
Lastly, I have really wanted to complete the Pioneer series I started last year. There are six minis in the series - see the first five here. The last one is a bow tie quilt. I opened up the kit to find an amazing array of Civil War era fabrics
and got so far as to cut the shirtings that will be used as block backgrounds.
Well, that's a long post for a couple of hours of work, but it feels good to have dug into the pile and gotten a few more projects underway!
Now to go see what other Friday Nighters worked on! Photos will also be posted on Flickr. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. oooh.. that Dream Big is going to be so pretty! love the fabric choices.

    You got quite a bit done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are going to be really good quilts you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got so much done, congrats on an evening well spent! My computer started acting up this morning, and hubs and I spent the day trying to get it fixed....I would have rather been doing what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Debbie love the fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Love the solids you chose for the Dream Big quilt! :) Looking foward to seeing how the other two projects come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I adore Central Park and I love the Dream Big pattern too! I can't wait to see your finished quilt! (Just added you as a Flickr contact so I don't miss it!)

    ReplyDelete