Saturday, April 16, 2011

Supernova

Well, last evening for Friday Night Sew-In, I worked to finish up my Supernova quilt top! So pleased to have it done.

I'll repeat briefly for the FNSI group, that I bought all the batiks on a recent trip to Hawaii. The blues, greens, & gold are reminiscent of the waters of the Big Island, the background is KONA Sand, and the black batik represents the lava seen all over the island. What great memories in this quilt!

Now to go see what other Friday Nighters worked on!
(Wow - 184 of them!)

10 comments:

  1. You've used really pretty colors in your Supernova. It's quite gorgeous! How will you quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fellow first-FNSI-timer! I love the colours and the reasons behind them. What a great way to remember your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! I like the idea of fabric/quilts as souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out fabulous and I love your block placement, it is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice quilt and special because of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours in your Supernova quilt and the way you have combined them. Very pretty.
    It's going to have lovely memories of Hawaii for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors are fab-u-lous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... how beautiful! Love your SuperNova finish! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful quilt that brings back memories ... enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the story behind your fabrics! Makes it even more fabulous!

    ReplyDelete